Home   Forum   Help Media Centre Search Calendar Shop Gallery Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2017, 01:16:54

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Yesterday at 22:23:02]

[July 07, 2017, 13:48:54]

[July 07, 2017, 13:43:55]

[July 07, 2017, 13:30:03]

[July 07, 2017, 13:24:22]
Twitter
Permissions

Last 10 Shouts:
July 30, 2017, 18:36:43
DEFINITIVE NEW NAME CITIZENS!!!!
THE IMPERIAL KINGDOM OF THE FREE LOVELY LOVELAND!!! SHORTENED AS LOVELYLAND!!!
July 20, 2017, 18:51:10
(Freelove just didn't feel right.)
July 20, 2017, 18:50:37
(yeah new name...)
July 20, 2017, 18:50:18
HEIL LOVELAND!
July 20, 2017, 18:49:56
AS OF THE DENONYM IT SHALL BE LOVEDICS( NO BAD PUNS).
July 20, 2017, 18:48:59
THE CITIZEN WITH THE FUNNIEST/EPICEST/WTF-EST/POPULAREST( EXCUSE MY SO RUBBISH EXPRESSIONS) SHALL BE ELECTED GREAT COUNT, ALL BY LOVELIANS/FREELANDICS!!
July 20, 2017, 18:47:04
I THEREBY SUGGEST THE COUNT AND DE FACTO RULER OF LOVELY/FREELAND SHALL BE CHOSEN BY LOVELIANS/FREELANDICS !
July 20, 2017, 18:44:58
OUR CONSTITUTION! MOTIVATED BY OUR GOODWILLED AND FRIENDLY VALUES SHALL ALWAYS PROTECTS POPULAR POWER!!
July 20, 2017, 18:43:32
WITH ABSOLUTELY NO GOVERNMENTAL INFLUENCE ON IT!
July 20, 2017, 18:42:46
OUR EMPIRE IS TRULY MONARCHIC YET DEMOCRATIC AND FREE! OUR COUNT SHALL BE ELECTED BY POPULAR POLLS!
Members
Total Members: 563
Latest: Allonsy182
Stats
Total Posts: 244580
Total Topics: 5053
Online Today: 16
Online Ever: 137
(July 20, 2014, 20:19:05)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: When is it ok to message people on facebook?  (Read 8947 times)
Forever A Shorty
Hermaphrodite
King
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 10:53:53 »

oh i say hello to random people all the time.  i just dont add them and dont say hello to people that add me
Forever A Shorty
Hermaphrodite
King
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 10:54:47 »

It is weird... usually, if it's someone I used to know quite well then I'll leave them a wall post or something asking how they are, but if I didn't much like them to begin with then I'll just leave it and maybe comment on their status sometime if I can think of something relevant.
However, with someone you barely know it's all a bit uncharted territory... I suppose with Alisa's cousin you can feel confident about messaging, since you're actually technically family now, but what of strangers you meet at parties (or indeed weddings)? And if you send a message and get no reply, does that mean that you've been too forward, or have they just not read it? Or did they perhaps read it at an inconvenient moment and didn't have time to reply. The thing is, the fact that they have either accepted the friend request, or even initiated it to begin with, you know that you're not a complete lunatic who they want to avoid, but then why no reply?

you can tell I've given this a lot of thought - actually it seems to be the story of my life to be trying to be friendly to strangers over Facebook and to get nothing in return Sad Mebbes I'm too forward.

youre not that friendly with us on facebook!
He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 10:56:22 »

Write a rude message on their wall.

Or not.

I sparodically message the people facebook thinks I might know if I know them pretending I don't remember who they are and asking if they're that person who shared an experience best kept private (normally sexual in nature and quite perverse) with me and then ask them why facebook knows we did all the kinky nazi dungeon sex.

Zsu-Zsu
Frigging myself silly over Bo
Little Princess
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 10:57:27 »

It is weird... usually, if it's someone I used to know quite well then I'll leave them a wall post or something asking how they are, but if I didn't much like them to begin with then I'll just leave it and maybe comment on their status sometime if I can think of something relevant.
However, with someone you barely know it's all a bit uncharted territory... I suppose with Alisa's cousin you can feel confident about messaging, since you're actually technically family now, but what of strangers you meet at parties (or indeed weddings)? And if you send a message and get no reply, does that mean that you've been too forward, or have they just not read it? Or did they perhaps read it at an inconvenient moment and didn't have time to reply. The thing is, the fact that they have either accepted the friend request, or even initiated it to begin with, you know that you're not a complete lunatic who they want to avoid, but then why no reply?

you can tell I've given this a lot of thought - actually it seems to be the story of my life to be trying to be friendly to strangers over Facebook and to get nothing in return Sad Mebbes I'm too forward.

I left you a birthday message, what more do you want??

Besides, I talk to you all on here anyway!

I know I'm not perfect,
But I'm so damn close it scares me
Tom Dates
National Treasure

Flat Earth Proponent

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 10:57:46 »

When is it socially acceptable to message someone..??
My rule of thumb is that it's okay to message someone when you have something to say to them.

Forever A Shorty
Hermaphrodite
King
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 11:00:06 »

im greedy.

i was just joking anyway.  you shouldnt think about it too much.  some people arent very internetty compared to us anyway.  though im sometimes paranoid when i think that someone hasnt said hello to me or something, but i know im just being stupid.
Forever A Shorty
Hermaphrodite
King
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 11:00:27 »

When is it socially acceptable to message someone..??
My rule of thumb is that it's okay to message someone when you have something to say to them.

exactly
Zsu-Zsu
Little Princess
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 11:02:16 »

im greedy.

i was just joking anyway.  you shouldnt think about it too much.  some people arent very internetty compared to us anyway.  though im sometimes paranoid when i think that someone hasnt said hello to me or something, but i know im just being stupid.

Are you calling me stupid?

I know I'm not perfect,
Forever A Shorty
Hermaphrodite
King
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 11:02:56 »

no i said im stupid :p
easy tiger
special needs
janitorial staff
National Treasure

uloveitwheniflexlikethat

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 11:05:14 »

I'd rather be here than facebook. I hate it until i get a message and then i love it. I answer messages and send them when i have something to say. My favourite is status and her graffiti.

I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.
Zsu-Zsu
Little Princess
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 11:05:37 »

Tongue You'll find no arguments from me, Mr. PhD.

(Hehe, I did a rhyme)

I know I'm not perfect,
He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 11:06:30 »

Well from the viewpoint of society it's never acceptable to message people on Facebook. Anubis is right. Sex perverts live on the internet stay away Lars.

Also I take umbrage at the concept that Zsu is capable of friendliness.

I'm only on Facebook most of the time to talk shit with people in a holding pen.

Forever A Shorty
Hermaphrodite
King
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 11:09:48 »

Tongue You'll find no arguments from me, Mr. PhD.

(Hehe, I did a rhyme)

i was going to call you retarded though
Zsu-Zsu
Little Princess
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 11:10:21 »

Well thanks.

I know I'm not perfect,
Forever A Shorty
Hermaphrodite
King
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 11:11:25 »

oh.   i thought you'd be angry.  there was no need to thank me.
Taters343
...hell yeah a real potato!
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 14:31:00 »

I always see girls from my school on facebook that I'm not necessarily friends with, but they don't particularly annoy me either, I'm never sure if I should add them or not because I don't want to seem creepy.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
Zsu-Zsu
Little Princess
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 14:32:29 »

Wait until you've left school, it's reasonable to add everyone whether you liked them or not once you've left. It's what everyone does.

I know I'm not perfect,
Taters343
...hell yeah a real potato!
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 14:33:13 »

So I have to wait another 3 years before adding people?

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
CitizenLove
Rusty Sawmill
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 15:03:56 »

yes
Matt
National Treasure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 20:01:10 »

and then of course there are those who simply go down their email list and send invitations to everyone.
And once you have added them as "friend" what do you get except a lot of drivel with really important stuff like: "Mary is watching the paint dry" or "Susan has joined the "I am a fan of broccolli group""  or "Let's get 5000 signatures to prevent the sun from rising on Dec. 22."
Any of you can message me anytime you want, and I never invite anyone to be a friend but MAY accept an invitation if extended. 
But don't take it personal if I don't join a 'group' because sometimes I just don't feel like extending my profile info that far afield when it gives little warnings that "this group is not part of Facebook" etc.

Why is there something instead of nothing?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: