Home   Forum   Help Media Centre Search Calendar Shop Gallery Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 17, 2017, 07:49:10

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
by
[November 08, 2017, 17:39:04]

by
[October 20, 2017, 03:12:19]

[September 02, 2017, 05:11:47]

[July 07, 2017, 13:30:03]

[July 07, 2017, 13:24:22]
Twitter
Permissions

Last 10 Shouts:
November 13, 2017, 02:22:34
hi
August 27, 2017, 23:05:11
Cya! I'm out!
August 27, 2017, 23:04:56
I officially never existed and will never exist in lovely's history again
August 27, 2017, 23:04:26
He has always been and will always be until his retreat from power the successor to king Rasputin I.
August 27, 2017, 23:03:35
By Rasputin I meant this bravely  charismatic  Mr.Cog we all know.
August 27, 2017, 23:01:48
I thereby give all absolute powers to king Rasputin I and declare my non existence in lovely's history.
August 27, 2017, 23:01:48
I thereby give all absolute powers to king Rasputin I and declare my non existence in lovely's history.
August 27, 2017, 23:00:59
I surrender and Abdicate from my position as an unrecognized and imposter king to the throne.
July 30, 2017, 18:36:43
DEFINITIVE NEW NAME CITIZENS!!!!
THE IMPERIAL KINGDOM OF THE FREE LOVELY LOVELAND!!! SHORTENED AS LOVELYLAND!!!
July 20, 2017, 18:51:10
(Freelove just didn't feel right.)
Members
Total Members: 571
Latest: ironicprayer
Stats
Total Posts: 244594
Total Topics: 5053
Online Today: 9
Online Ever: 137
(July 20, 2014, 20:19:05)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7
Total: 7
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 33923 times)
Anubis
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: June 09, 2010, 02:04:15 »

I used to do it then and during breaks, but people in the team I got moved to in March keep being socialable, and get the same train as me to work so it would be a bit rude.

Though during a break yesterday I was late starting the break so they all went away and one of them said "sorry we have to abandon you" and the other one said "he just wants us all to fuck off so he can read his book" and we laughed.

But it was 100% true  angry
Lard_Suddenly
Aware Of Vacuity
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 09, 2010, 02:26:34 »

laugh

I have a dream! And so could you. Just eat loads of cheese before you go to bed. It's easy.
He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 09, 2010, 02:33:21 »

I used to do it then and during breaks, but people in the team I got moved to in March keep being socialable, and get the same train as me to work so it would be a bit rude.

Though during a break yesterday I was late starting the break so they all went away and one of them said "sorry we have to abandon you" and the other one said "he just wants us all to fuck off so he can read his book" and we laughed.

But it was 100% true  angry

I try to read (and even plot and write) on my breaks but typically there will be people will turn up to talk to me even though I try and take my breaks at times others don't and sit at tables no one is sitting at before hand. The bastards.

Lard_Suddenly
Aware Of Vacuity
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 09, 2010, 02:37:17 »

If you were already reading when they try to talk to you, I would say it's rude of them to keep talking whilst you're reading. It would be safe to ignore them  nod

I have a dream! And so could you. Just eat loads of cheese before you go to bed. It's easy.
He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 09, 2010, 02:39:43 »

It's probably my fault for looking at them and saying hello if they come and sit next to me then. That said sometimes it's people leaving who are telling me everything that needs to be done and what not because for some reason I need to know that stuff and be aware of the department when it's only me and one or two other people working in the evenin'g and if I do talk about work with them for a few minutes I do add that time onto my break.

Revolutionary1
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 13, 2010, 12:52:32 »

Bought 3 new books in Waterstones, in a 3 for 2 deal. How Not to Grow Up by Richard Herring, The Hell of It All by Charlie Brooker and Bret Hart's autobiography. Rasputin Wallace's new book was part of the same offer, but I didn't buy it.

Sorted, respect due.
Lard_Suddenly
Aware Of Vacuity
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 16, 2010, 01:49:42 »

My dearest appy polly loggys, my droogs. I forgot to tell you that I finished A Clockwork Orange yesterday like. After letting it slooshy around my gulliver a malenky bit, I decided that this book is real horrorshow, O my brothers.

The malody malchick in it, Alex, is oomny, oozhassny and downright baddiwad I should say. But at the same time, he captured my interessovat and is an excellent young veck, he is. A real bratchny type, and a little bezoomy, but definitely a choodessny character.

It has plenty of the old red red krovvy, the lovely big groodies and ultra-violence, perhaps too much at times for my particular tastes, but I guess it needed it to fit fit fit in with the style.

Anyway, I won't warble on about it too much more, o my brothers, just to say that it made me smeck and razdrez in equal measure.

9/10

Piratejames
The Captain of the Dannation the II
Patriot

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 16, 2010, 02:58:59 »

At the moment, due to being a bit busy I'm trying and failing to read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. So far from the little I've read it's been good.

LAST FM JIGGERYPOKERY

Captain of the Dannation II.

Other piratey related things.
Lard_Suddenly
Aware Of Vacuity
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 11, 2010, 01:54:04 »

I'm not reading it, but Alisa keeps telling me about the utterly hilarious crap that is in this book she's reading by Peter Hamilton. Stuff like a satanic ritual being performed in the middle of a pentagon, and horses lapping water from a stream  laugh I know a few people here have read his stuff before.. is he always so......... ridiculous?

Anubis
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: October 11, 2010, 12:25:42 »

doh
Lard_Suddenly
Aware Of Vacuity
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 12, 2010, 00:40:20 »

It just seems very sloppy.

I gave up reading God's Executioner by some Irish academic guy. It was meant to be about Oliver Cromwell's invasion of Ireland... but it's actually about.. err... I dunno. The Catholics in Ireland at the time and how the English are all bastards but the Irish are a great bunch of lads.  downsmiley Read about 60 pages of it and Cromwell is mentioned a handful of times. The introduction is just so mind numbingly dull, to boot.

He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 13, 2010, 14:08:09 »

academics can be shit.

Lard_Suddenly
Aware Of Vacuity
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2010, 00:22:03 »

So it appears.

I've been reading The Republic by Plato instead. Much better  upsmiley

Anubis
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: October 14, 2010, 07:48:46 »

I think I read that at uni, it's been so long I can't remember all the texts we did and what they were all on about.  doh
easy tiger
special needs
janitorial staff
National Treasure

uloveitwheniflexlikethat

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 30, 2010, 02:35:01 »

One Day by David Nicholls.

Brilliant love story.

I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.
Mr Cog
Insane Dictator
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 30, 2010, 02:40:29 »

Phase transformations in metals and alloys, by Porter & Easterling

Your friendly neighbourhood lunatic
Lard_Suddenly
Aware Of Vacuity
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 15, 2010, 04:53:57 »

I gave up on The Republic. Well, not so much "gave up on", but wanted to read something a bit lighter. It's interesting but needs quite a bit of your attention which is fairly difficult on the bus. So instead I read:

Dexter in the Dark

Jeff Lindsay

It's the third book in the Dexter series, but I picked it up in a charity shop for 50p so thought I'd give it a go. I'd heard the first was very similar to the first season of the tv series, but the other books veered off in a different direction. And it's true. This book is very supernatural in comparison. I picked up what happened in the second book (which I'm now listening to an audiobook of) pretty quickly and don't think I missed out anything.

It was a very easy read. It moved at a steady pace throughout and was quite enjoyable. I went into it expecting it to be different from the tv series, so wasn't put off when it started talking about - well, I won't spoil it, but it just made a lot more reference to the Dark Passenger.

I would probably say that what it lacked was suspense/tension. It didn't really have me going "oh my god what the fuck!?" like the tv show does, but like I say, it was easy to read and it made me seek out the others.

7/10

I'm now reading The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks. So far so weird.

easy tiger
special needs
janitorial staff
National Treasure

uloveitwheniflexlikethat

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2010, 09:46:12 »

dead Famous - Ben elton

good throwaway nonsense based on Big Brother

I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.
Revolutionary1
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 16, 2011, 14:10:09 »

Breakfast of Champions.

It's got a picture of an asshole in it

Sorted, respect due.
Lard_Suddenly
Aware Of Vacuity
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 17, 2011, 06:36:49 »

So close to finishing that Contract book by Simon Surrier (or something like that). Not sure what to read next.  chinscratch I have a few paperback books I want to read, but haven't used the kindle in a while. Any recommendations for something to download and read? Was going to get Day of the Triffids but if anyone has any better suggestions....?

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23
  Print  

Jump to: