Home   Forum   Help Media Centre Search Calendar Shop Gallery Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2017, 01:01:55

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Yesterday at 22:23:02]

[July 07, 2017, 13:48:54]

[July 07, 2017, 13:43:55]

[July 07, 2017, 13:30:03]

[July 07, 2017, 13:24:22]
Twitter
Permissions

Last 10 Shouts:
July 30, 2017, 18:36:43
DEFINITIVE NEW NAME CITIZENS!!!!
THE IMPERIAL KINGDOM OF THE FREE LOVELY LOVELAND!!! SHORTENED AS LOVELYLAND!!!
July 20, 2017, 18:51:10
(Freelove just didn't feel right.)
July 20, 2017, 18:50:37
(yeah new name...)
July 20, 2017, 18:50:18
HEIL LOVELAND!
July 20, 2017, 18:49:56
AS OF THE DENONYM IT SHALL BE LOVEDICS( NO BAD PUNS).
July 20, 2017, 18:48:59
THE CITIZEN WITH THE FUNNIEST/EPICEST/WTF-EST/POPULAREST( EXCUSE MY SO RUBBISH EXPRESSIONS) SHALL BE ELECTED GREAT COUNT, ALL BY LOVELIANS/FREELANDICS!!
July 20, 2017, 18:47:04
I THEREBY SUGGEST THE COUNT AND DE FACTO RULER OF LOVELY/FREELAND SHALL BE CHOSEN BY LOVELIANS/FREELANDICS !
July 20, 2017, 18:44:58
OUR CONSTITUTION! MOTIVATED BY OUR GOODWILLED AND FRIENDLY VALUES SHALL ALWAYS PROTECTS POPULAR POWER!!
July 20, 2017, 18:43:32
WITH ABSOLUTELY NO GOVERNMENTAL INFLUENCE ON IT!
July 20, 2017, 18:42:46
OUR EMPIRE IS TRULY MONARCHIC YET DEMOCRATIC AND FREE! OUR COUNT SHALL BE ELECTED BY POPULAR POLLS!
Members
Total Members: 563
Latest: Allonsy182
Stats
Total Posts: 244580
Total Topics: 5053
Online Today: 16
Online Ever: 137
(July 20, 2014, 20:19:05)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 year aniversary Photo book talk.  (Read 3697 times)
He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2010, 00:33:49 »

As per the latest (at time of posting) blog entry: http://blogface.lovelycountry.net/2010/49/vigour-renewal/

I am quite keen to get this done and sorted however as most of the suppliers of making such things and allowing others to buy them (which is by far easier than the creator having to order enough for everyone and getting paid themselves) is based in the US which leaves the cheapest rate of shipping (3.99) up to 15 days to arrive. (It's over double the shipping costs to have it arrive within 3 days). Which means it needs to be finished early August at the latest to have a shot of arriving in time for any big celebration meets so people can sign each others faces (or their own on other's books) and such or what not.

Thus ideas for themed pages and stuff that should be in it would be grand. Also as mentioned on the  blog what people are willing to pay for the book might be helpful in deciding how much to put in it (though what we're supplied with will undoubtedly be a factor in that). As always 5years@lovelycountry.net is the email to send photos, thread transcripts, words and what not.

He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 00:44:58 »

the place I'm looking at also has a charitable section http://www.blurb.com/blurbforgood/benefits so that if we can think of a charity that doesn't involve raping any goats (for the sake of national unity) we can more easily get it going on for such a thang.

He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 16:29:58 »

Some further sparadic thoughts on the book make up. Obviously chronologically it'll cover things from the beginning till the end and what not but stuff that I think would be good to include.

First Lovely Day (when we're named) and photos from the TV show era.

Embassy photos.

First Christmas Meet.

Subsequent Christmas Meets.

First Cheaster. (Maybe an idea not to dwell on later ones too much)

Other Meet pictures and talking about them.

A yearbook like thing where citizens who consent can have a picture of them (past or present or not even of them but their avatar) listed with their name.

A yearbook like thing where there will be the "citizen most likely to..." statements following a month of polling in July say.

Entire pages/half a page given to various citizens to choose a few specific photos and say some words about their thoughts and feelings about Lovely.

A small (between 3 and 10 pages) comic strip type thing about the history of Lovely, maybe two or three considering various biases some accounts may have.

A letter from King Rasputin (it'd be nice).

A silliest polls double spread where new polls are put for people to put to their firends/famalies to gauge opinion.

Photocopiable pages for personalisation to make official documentation for Lovely.

Citizen Biographies. Where upon a citizen can write up about another citizen worthy of note.

Transcripts from threads of old and old GA articles Lurker and the Truth (and even other times) articles.

Pompey Gaz
Your Dad
National Treasure

I am Gareth, Hear me roar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 16:31:23 »

why not dwell on cheaster? What about the sexual predator that is the weird fucked up schnipps? she was obviously dropped, repeatedly, on her head as a sprog
He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 16:34:35 »

The Second Cheaster wasn't so bad, even with Schnips, who wasn't the worst person in the world, at least she talked unlike David Blunket who just swore at us and stayed on his own.

Cheaster as an event has kinda petered out, Christmas whilst having been moved to Feburary is still celebrated and still is clearly "Christmas" rather than any old meet.

I don't think subsequent Cheasters will supply the photos and snippets of memory in easy soundbite length passages of one or two sentences to be able to handle a page or more devoted to each event. The First Cheaster could probably fill up two-three pages with ease.

Pompey Gaz
Your Dad
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 16:35:46 »

oooh
He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 16:38:24 »

note no one has actually sent me any material or what not nor have I really looked any up and I'm so not up to writing the majority of the content for it so it might peddle out into nothing.

Pompey Gaz
Your Dad
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 16:39:51 »

like usual with our lot then? :p  whatever
He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 16:41:26 »

well I'm going to try and push it hard for the next week or so and try and get other folk onboard

Revolutionary1
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 01:26:50 »

There was somebody doing a photobook on the Saz Facebook group, maybe you should get in touch with whoever it is and steal their photos.

Sorted, respect due.
Pompey Gaz
Your Dad
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 01:29:43 »

and then 'tie up any loose ends'?
Lard_Suddenly
Aware Of Vacuity
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 01:44:02 »

I only have pics from the wembley meet that I went to with Bo, Gidds and Ray. Don't think I took any photos at any other meet I've been to, but I haven't been to many...

Erm.... meeting Marie in Merry Hill; meeting Love and Mike in Oxford; meeting Ray to go see Foo Fighters (although the band released this gig on DVD so we might be in there somewhere..!) and then bumping into Saz, Mike and someone else afterwards; the Brighton meet (Giddseys first meet, I believe!); Going to Wembley to watch Schteve McClaren's England lose to Germany; watching Rugby in Swindon with Schaf; Xmas meet in Feb; my "stag"; my wedding (although, I wouldn't really class this as a meet as such tbh); meeting Ray in Bath*; going to see Dinosaur Jr with Mike in Oxford; going to see Half Man Half Biscuit with Schaf; another xmas meet; meeting Schaf in Bath*..

errrr... can't think of any others off the top of my head?

*that place in the West Country, not an actual bath LOLZS

I have a dream! And so could you. Just eat loads of cheese before you go to bed. It's easy.
Pompey Gaz
Your Dad
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 01:52:36 »

I went to the Portsmouth meet, and got lost, then stayed at Bo's house and nearly ran him over! lol then i keep saying i'll go to meets but don't and also tell marie i will come to a brum meet but never do, although I went to a london meet when i was working at earls court
He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 02:52:37 »

There was somebody doing a photobook on the Saz Facebook group, maybe you should get in touch with whoever it is and steal their photos.

she has already promised me much in the way of pictures.

He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 03:28:55 »

that said it doesn't all have to be photos, witicisms and what not are wanted as well.

Rev why don't you put your drawing talent to set the story straight and make some sort of comic detailing events?

Revolutionary1
janitorial staff
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 13:43:46 »

That would probably alienate most of the potential market for the book

Sorted, respect due.
He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 14:02:05 »

well it's not as if we're doing it for profit and we may get somebody to do another account biased another way.

He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 16:01:08 »

I'm hoping to knock up some example pages to post up by the end of the weekend.

bovinejumpsuit
Patriot

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 13:37:51 »

i do not give permission for my image to be used. if i am in a shot which you'd like to use please censor my image with this
He loves the cock...
Manager
National Treasure

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 13:52:15 »

I'll endeavour to do so if I can be arsed, I might just delete the thread and put a disclaimer.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: