How to cook potatoes is a question that can be answered with dozens of exotic and common recipes. How you want your potatoes to look, and taste depends on the recipe you choose. Thankfully, you can always go for a dish of barbecued potatoes. Interested?
Barbecue potatoes are delicious to taste if prepared right. Barbecuing also called grilling, is a way of cooking potatoes overheat without direct contact. This cooking method brings a special taste and aroma to potatoes and is just a little different from baking potatoes in ovens. Here is how to cook potatoes by grilling:
- Gather your recipe: Spices, olive oil, foils, seasonings such as salt and pepper.
- Choose the right species: Although every type of potato can be barbecued, some species are better in taste than others. The Russet variety is the most preferred for barbecue, but you can also get sweet potato and the Southern species. If, however, you do not have these, go ahead to use even Irish potatoes. You would still love it.
- Decide how you want it: You may decide to grill your potatoes whole or sliced. Either way is okay, but grilling whole potatoes require you to remove the skin before eating. If you want it whole, simply wash and allow the potatoes to dry first. If you want it sliced, peel the skin off and cut the potatoes into desired slices.
- Add spices and other ingredients: You may decide to barbecue the potatoes without spices –that is fine; the taste remains great. But if you want to make it tastier, it is a great idea to add some spices. For example, roll the slices in powdered spices and allow it to tick. You can also sprinkle the spices onto them directly. Explore some Thai or Indian spices for a great experience. You should also add drops of olive oil in the middle and then wrap everything in foil. The olive oil keeps potatoes moist while being grilled.
- Grilling: The heat should be moderate and controlled. Too much heat may overcook or even burn the potatoes. Potatoes do not get burnt easily, but you would need to check it regularly. It is best to use an electric grill, but if you are going the ol’fashioned way, using hot coals is best. The estimated time is 45 minutes – 1 hour.
Whether you know how to cook potatoes, barbecuing some is easy and pretty straightforward. Go ahead and enjoy your meal.